King Song 14D
In stock! Usually ships within 24 hours.
The King Song 14D is the perfect choice for Riders wanting to keep their budget under $1,000, but still have an eWheel which is convenient, practical, powerful, reasonable fast & has 15-20 mile range:
- Speed: the cruising speed to 50% battery is 18.6mph, thereafter the speed is gradually reduced to preserve the Rider’s safety;
- Power: the 14D is equipped with a 800W (sustained) motor & a tuned control-board that can output several times more than than nominal power output in short burst;
- New Control-board: the six MOSFETs (electronic switches that power the motor) have upgraded to 350A of MAX power, up-rated connectors, better power delivery, several under-the-hood improvements;
- More Atmospheric LEDs: there are more programmable LEDs on each side of the Wheel for a greater visual impact;
- Integrated Telescopic Handle: the handle is made of a cast magnesium-alloy, which is unique to the other KS Wheels, where the handle is made from plastic, this gives the 14D/14S a feeling of solidity & strength in the hand.
- Design & Comfort: the 14D is an attractive Wheel. It has narrow contouring sides, which makes it comfortable & an instant pleasure to ride. In contrast to it’s sibling, the 14S, because of it’s larger battery packs, it’s slightly wider than the 14D.
- Comparatively Small, Compact & Lightweight: although the difference between a 14″ & a 16″ Wheel may not appear to be much, in the case of the 14D, it’s 10lb lighter than the KS16S, the overall cubic dimensions are 1/3 less than the larger Wheel. This means the 14D can be conveniently stowed under a car seat, or other tight space, where a larger 16″ would not be able to fit.
- Performance: combination of the 800W motor & 420Wh battery pack supports a reasonably high cruising speed of 18.6MPH. The battery pack offers reasonably good range, typically between 15-20 miles for a 150lb Rider on a flat, smooth road.
- Durability & Quality: based on our experience with selling hundreds of this mode, the construction is designed last the test of time & can take quite a lot of abuse. Many of the components are over-engineered to ensure it will continue operating for many years of daily commuting. There are other nice touches to the 14D, some of these are not even found on the larger (more expensive) Wheels, like the handle that is constructed of a high strength magnesium alloy.